Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Tis the Season......

Tis the season to be.........FAT & JOLLY!!!!!
I love this time of year because of the obvious....FOOD! Isn't it just great! Treats, good food and more treats! With Thanksgiving just a few weeks away and Christmas around the corner I want to try new recipes and simply enjoy a good home cooked...anything! Soups have been my most recent attempt.....Baked Potato soup, Chili(copycat Wendy's which turned out great), Onion soup, and some good ol' Chicken noodle! I've also been a little crazy with pumpkin!Not to mention that I have become apart of the canning world! Thank's to Cally for her super helpful tips and her pressure cooker I was able to can pumpkin like crazy! Pumpkin bread , pumpkin muffins and pumpkin pie have taken over the kitchen. Sonny even bought me a water bath set and now I can consider my self an offical Utard! I have the van, I started my own canning...oh wait I haven't hunted, made dutch oven and said..."Oh my Heck"! Well, not quite a utard I guess. I am so looking forward to our Thanksgiving dinner! Especially the desserts.
Today I had to make a treat for our Young women and Men...we had a food auction which was pretty intense! Depending on how much donated food they gathered in our neighborhood resulted in how much money was given! Well I just had a try to make a good one! So I made these......

Sorry, so I need a lesson on adding pictures....help their too big!!!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Caitlyn helped just a little!

Photobucket

They taste even better...I think! It's a copycat recipe for Cinnabon Cinnamon rolls! So I thought I'd share the recipe. But in return I ask that someone share a photo and recipe of their favorite food! I'm not limited to just desserts!

Dough: 2 Pkg active dry yeast, 1 cup warm water(105 - 115), 1 tsp sugar, 1 c. warm milk, 2/3 cup butter, 2 tsp salt, 2 eggs slightly beaten, 7 cups flour/till dough forms

Filling: 1 c melted butter(I just use half...seems like I always have too much butter left over),
1 3/4 c sugar( I do an even share of white and brown sugar), 3 tbl cinnamon, 1 1/2 c chopped walnuts optional

Creamy glaze: 2/3 cup melted butter, 4 cups powdered sugar, 2 tsp vanilla & lemon juice, 6 tbl hot water or more if needed

In a small bowl mix water, yeast and sugar set aside. In a lrg bowl mix, milk, 2/3 sugar, butter, salt and eggs. Stir well and add yeast. Add flour a little at a time until dough forms(Dough will be slightly sticky) Knead dough and place in a buttered bowl. Cover and let rise until doubled in bulk about 1 1/2 hrs. When done punch down and let rise another 15 minutes. Roll out dough on floured surface into a 15 x 20 rectangle.

For Filling:
Spread dough with melted butter. Mix together the 1 1/2 cups sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle generously over buttered dough. Roll up jelly style and pinch edges. Cut into 12 - 15 slices. Place slices close together and let rise for 45 minutes on baking pan. Preheat oven to 350 and bake 25 - 30 minutes until golden brown.

From Creamy Glaze:
In a medium bowl mix powdered sugar, butter and vanilla. Add hot water 1 tbl at a time until desired consistency, Pour over rolls!

ENJOY and happy eating!

5 comments:

Heidi Maloy said...

Those look YUMMY!!! No, you're not quite a Utard (and does the van count, you brought it with you from Cali??) hahaha... I have dutch ovened (but I get that from my Mom in Cali) and Chris has hunted, but the day I say "Oh, my heck"- shoot me! I love the pic with flour in Caitlyn's hair! And we didn't reap any of the pumpkin rewards- but the Caramel Apples were great! I, too, am looking forward to Thanksgiving (we should figure out what we are doing huh?) And yes, I love food anytime of year, but this time of year is my FAVORITE! I made some great food this weekend while my parents were here! I don't think I have pics to share but I made a Chocolate Creme Brulee that turned out AWESOME! And I will have to share my new favorite breadstick recipe... Yummy! Yummy! Yummy!

Heidi Maloy said...

And you still need to try my favorite new spaghetti meat sauce! I made it again Saturday- yum

Christopher Maloy said...

I didn't get an invite to partake of these rolls. You cut me Patty... You cut me deep.

T.J. Shelby said...

If it wasn't set already, I am definitely coming to Utah for Christmas now!

sonnymaloy said...

And all of you wondered why I was getting FAT. Dam my lady can burn. Don't worry sweetheart I'm back in the gym lifting and will be back in killer shape in no time. as my favorite comedian George Lopez would say " Watcha" " I got this".