Wednesday, November 5, 2008

MY VOTE MY FAMILY

Those of you who have a hard time sitting down at the computer without interruptions....due to ...oh...I don't know... children, husbands, dinner, work, on going activites and sleep will understand why I have just decide to post this now. I wrote it a few days ago saved it and now finally I've taken the time to post it! Hope you enjoy my first BLOG ever.....could be my last!



OK... so I swore I was not going to have my first blog be a political one but when it comes down to it it's inevitable! Without going into detail on every topic of debate I will only mention one and you will understand why this one concern involves every other issue you can think possible for debate....MY FAMILY! With voting just a few days away I did my research. I wasn't searching for a democratic or republican stance but rather values and morals that fit MY FAMILY! When I think of our economy, education, health care, jobs and energy sources I think of how these critical topics affect MY FAMILY and our future. I want my husband to be able to have a steady and reliable job, work hard(like all AMERICANS or whoever chooses to come to this country should) and reap the benefits by taking family vacations to new and exciting places. I want to not be limited to traveling within my own city because the gas prices are just a little to high. I want to be able to buy a gallon of milk and a carton of eggs and not have to make it last all month due to our ever changing economy! If by chance one of us were to get sick I want to be able to attend the doctor's office, receive the appropriate medication and not worry if our monthly paycheck will allow it! I want my daughter to have a great education, attend the college of her choice and not have her talents and interest be limited by finances. When the time comes I want my husband to be able to retire and receive a comfortable retirement from all his years of hard work. I want our country to a lead safe, healthy and eco friendly way.... I want to enjoy life...I want to enjoy MY FAMILY! My wants are simple, plain, down to earth and probably like most other families. I want freedom..freedom to decide what is best for MY FAMILY! I want a change.... a change that will attempt to move our country forward with innovative and prosperous ideas for the benefit of MY FAMILY! Change and progress for my country, my friends, MY FAMILY our future!


1 comment:

Christopher Maloy said...

You never told us who your pick was.

I think you have great points. I am sure we all want the same things. Great post Patty. Love you lots. Cheers.