Sunday, April 12, 2009

Day 7&8: Out Week Long Walk With Our Savior Jesus Christ

Saturday was intentionally meant for a no blog day! We considered it a time of reflection on our Savior Jesus Christ and the things he has done for us. This was the second day that Jesus lay in the tomb. We watched a video(animated) to help Caitlyn remember the events we talked about this past week. We also thought of this day as a time to remember family and friends who have died, and all the work that might need to be done for them, temples, baptisms. We talked about Grandpa Phillips, who Caitlyn fondly remembers and still to this day continues to say he is in heaven with her baby brother. I remember all my family and friends who have passed on and can imagine the celebration they must be having in heaven.

How wonderful the weather is today, clouds have dispersed and the sun in shining through as the Heaven's are saying, He is Alive! I just had to take a picture of how beautiful it was. Isn't it just beautiful? Megan, your home completes the picture!
IMG_3991

Today in church I could not help but notice the sun shining brightly through the window on each person that chose to give their testimony. In Young Women's we had a wonderful lesson on the true meaning of Easter and though my friends lesson didn't go as she planned I thought it was the perfect lesson, filled with a great spirit! I've learned that when things sometimes don't go exactly the way we plan, I'd like to think that possibly somehow the Lord, intervenes a little to plan for things to go the way He thinks they should and what needs to be heard(especially with the youth)...today was an exceptional example....So simple a lesson with a powerful spirit! Thanks friend!

Our family is wonderful and we are thankful that they were willing to celebrate Easter on Saturday due to our conflicting work schedules...so as a family we decided for the first time to celebrate together at TUCANOS! I stuffed my face until my tummy hurt, and what a terrible evening I had at work! My tummy hurt but it was worth the endless pounds of meat!
IMG_3982
IMG_3984

This morning Caitlyn ran to our replicated tomb. Mommy, mommy!!! He's gone! Is He in Heaven Now? When is Jesus gonna come down cause I wanna see Him? I was so glad to hear her questions and know that in some way she has a better connection and relationship with Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. We did the Easter basket tradition I grew up with this morning with a few candies and some bubbles, However, I've really enjoyed our week long walk with Our Savior, especially this time of year.It's a time for new beginnings and a fresh start. It's a remembrance of our purpose here on earth and a time to reevaluate our goals. I am truly thankful for my faith and the testimony I have gained from church, service, prayer, family and friends! I know my purpose. I may not have all the details but I know I will be guided and never left alone.

Isaiah 58:11 And the Lord shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shall be like a watered garden, and like the spring of water, whose waters fail not.



Caitlyn in her lovely Easter dress...thank you Grandpa!!!!!!
IMG_3973

No comments: