Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Day 3 Our Week Long Walk With Our Savior Jesus Christ

Though there were many who despised Jesus and plotted before his eyes his own death He continued to teach and set the example that He wants us to follow. So why is it so hard for me when something doesn't go our way, things seem to fall apart, life seems unbearable....I tend to give up ..only for a second and then I realize that He knows me and would never give me more than I can handle. What a wonderful feeling! I was wondering just how to explain this to Caitlyn and then I came upon this scripture,
"'Have faith in God,' Jesus answered. "I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours'" (Mark 11:22-23).

Today we talked about Faith, the Holy Ghost and the Power of Prayer! Can you really believe something is there even when you can't see it or touch it? Who is that soft spoken whisper that keeps us safe and helps us make our daily desicions? Does Heavenly Father really hear our prayers? We played the blind fold game which Caitlyn loved and softly whispered directions to guide her across the obstacled room to a warm cup of cocoa. That was the best way I thought I could explain to her. Simply because I cannot see Jesus or hold his hand I know and have faith that He is still there. The Holy Ghost helps me find Him and when I get that warm feeling inside my body, just like hot cocoa, I KNOW that He lives!

The rest of the day Caitlyn whispered to me with a soft spoken voice and reminded me at dinner time that we need to say our prayers so Jesus can hear us!



This is how I would like to picture Jesus just days before His death, contemplating His great purpose and tremendous love for us!

2 comments:

sonnymaloy said...

You are a great example and a great mother and a great friend. I'm blessed to have you in my life and Caitlyn is lucky to have you for her mom. God put you in my life at the right time. Thank you for being you.
I love you.

patty maloy said...

I don't to this alone Sonny. Your the biggest reason why I do this. You motivate me to do the best I can for our family! I Love You!