Monday, April 6, 2009

Day 2: Our Week Long Walk With Our Savior Jesus Chirst!

One of the wonderful events that occurred during this week was the cleansing of the Temple...and what a great way to erge my daughter to keep her room clean...to motivate myself and husband to want to clean and have a house of order. Yesterday Caitlyn did not want to clean her disaster of a room." Mommy, my tummy hurts!" or "Mommy I'm too tired!" I'm sure we have all heard these numberous times from our children! I let it go and knew her messy room would be the perfect example for today! So today we had a picnic outside! I love this weather...not too hot, not to cold, but just right! We made white Easter lily's that turned out really cute, by simply tracing our handprints. To me it represents purity and innocence. It also represents a new season, a new birth, such as the resurrection of Christ. On Caitlyn's terms we talked about how special the Temple is and what it means to us! Thanks to primary she knew quite a bit. We related the temple to her little body and her special room and home! Well I must say the enthusiasm to clean her room all by herself was not what I had pictured but with my help she voluntarily cleaned and after we were done she says...If my room is messy Jesus will be sad and if I clean it and pray then maybe he'll let my baby brother come down! Now how do I respond to that????

Matt 21:12-13 And Jesus went into the Temple of God... and said unto them... My house shall be called the house of prayer...

Easter Lillies    June 2008      Birthstone Pearl Pictures, Images and Photos

IMG_3947

1 comment:

Nicole Shelby said...

how do you think of your ideas?

i'm just trying to make it from one day to the next...and you have these full-fledged meaningful experiences with your daughter...

plus, those paper flowers are clever.