Thursday, April 9, 2009

Day 5: Our Week Long Walk with our Savior Jesus Christ!

Today was a busy day however we made time for our Day 5 activity! Our discussion was about the Last Supper. Caitlyn made a connection with Sunday Sacrament and Jesus when we ate pieces of bread and drank small cups filled with water. We feel we somehow gave meaning to what was once a treat during sacrament to having these two items remind her of Jesus everytime she partakes on Sunday! Our big discussion was John 13:34..That ye may love one another; as I have loved you. How easy that is to teach a child, but how hard it can be to carry out in our own everyday lives. This comment alone can be it's own blog! We also talked a bit about Judas, the one who betrays Jesus all for a mere 30 coins. Friends are a big part of Caitlyn's life right now and what a perfect time to explain friendship, trust, loyalty and respect! However, our highlight activity of the evening was washing our baby girls feet just as Jesus did to His disciples! We each took turns washing each other's feet. What an unforgetable way to show service to a child! Caitlyn loved this and said....Mommy, can you do this all the time! If she only knew how much more I would do for her and her daddy!

John 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit:for without me ye can do nothing.


IMG_3962
IMG_3956

1 comment:

sonnymaloy said...

I would do anything for you two girls to and you know that. Those close to me always have my service when I can. I like how it talked about loving people for who they are as christ would to me I think this is one of the biggest commandments to love gods child and except them the way he would. Yes it's hard to do I know but I try. Great post mama. I Love You.