Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Shack



I've read the Shack and despite the controversy I really enjoyed it. It may be because I have a firm foundation of my faith and what I believe that I can accept the author's intrepretation of the trinity. I thought it was actually quite interesting and a great analogy of the characters in this book. A different perfective that is not the norm. Isn't that what our world is all about. If your different, unordinary...it's just not so easy to accept. Without giving the book away, I have chosen some quotes that I took delight in.

"Relationships are not about power, and one way to avoid the will to power is to choose to limit oneself, and serve"(Sarayu)

"Most birds were created to fly. Being grounded for them is a limitation within their ability to fly, not the other way around. You, on the other hand, were created to be loved. So for you to live as if you were unloved is a limitation, not the other way around."(Papa)

Judgement.......if they only knew what was inside!


1 comment:

sonnymaloy said...

I enjoyed this book alot and it helped me even more knowing that other people besides me see the importance with your personal relationship with your Hevanly Father, Jesus, and the Holy ghost. It is the most important thing in my book because with out it you could go to church 24-7 and it wouldn't matter because you do not share that love and understanding with them.