Friday, January 2, 2009

Hot & Caramel Sweet!

My first new successful recipe for 2009! What could be better than a warm cup of cider on a cold day to start off the new year! My favorite all time drink at Starbuck's is the Hot Caramel Apple Cider! If you haven't tried it you need to...or just make it at home. Heidi actually prompted my curiosity so off to Smith's I went for apple cider and whipped cream...all other ingredients I had at home...you might too! Not only does it look pretty it taste even better! I even think my version taste WAY better than Starbucks, I added more caramel! Sorry Heidi, I couldn't wait for your sample...I'm impatient! I would have shared it today but I was off to work with a warm cup of cider! Let's just say this was a sample to prove it's greatness! Doesn't it look delicious! YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!
IMG_3529

This was the recipe I used..I justed altered the amount of caramel!(Be Creative)
1 1/2 cups apple cider
1 1/2 tbl caramel sauce or caramels melted
1/2 tsp vanilla
whipped cream
IMG_3530


Cheers!

2 comments:

sonnymaloy said...

It was great coming home from work with the snow coming down on my street that hardly ever gets plowed to a nice sweet treat like that. Thanks honey and yes yours is way better than Starbucks. Love ya.

Heidi Maloy said...

OK, yours sounds YUMMY!! I put a little Cinnamon Syrup in mine too!