Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Serving it Right!

Blogs are like testimonies. Sometimes when you hear a testimony given it's like it was meant for you solely. Just the same for blogs. My friend Lesly posted a blog on menu planning for dinners...and well it was meant for me because I needed help in that area of organizing my dinner nights. With dance 3 days out of the week and Young Womens on one of those days I was pretty stressed each night on what to make and pull together. Dinner's were not planned and of course not healthy. Well, Lesly came to the rescue by setting a great example for me and my crazy nights! Planning every two weeks has worked great!I think this new way ends up being cheaper(using ingredients more than once), healthier(more wholesome foods) and definitly more satisfying on introducing new foods at the table!
Thanks Lesly for bearing your blog!

Here's a sample of one of our well organized dinner weeks.

Week #1
Monday - BBQ Chicken Pizza
Tuesday - Chili & Cornbread
Wednesday - Ham Dinner(Leftovers into future meals)
Thursday - Turkey Dinner(Leftovers into future meals)
Friday - Grilled Ham,Cheese & sauted onion sandwiches& Turkey Soup!
Saturday - Fish Tacos(Rubio style!)
Sunday - Turkey pot Pie(Turkey Left overs, even had enough to freeze one for later!)

Week #2
Monday - Pork Cacciatore
Tuesday - Turkey Enchiladas Suizas(Turkey Left overs,has enough to freeze one too!)
Wednesday - Split Pea Soup(Remember Ham Bone, just froze)
Thursday- Cabbage Roll-ups
Friday - Mooshu Pork
Saturday - Asian Pasta
Sunday - Ham & Pinapple Pizza

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Patty, that looks just delicious!! I LOVE menu planning. It takes a little time, but oh so worth it. And you are a much busier gal than me!! You are just amazing