Friday, August 21, 2009

Harvest Already????

Please tell me why I already have orange pumpkins in my pumkin patch? Did I plant too early? Is this normal? I have always wanted to grow my own pumpkins and this year I(well Caitlyn)successfully planted seeds. I was a little skeptical due to stories I have heard on how they can take over a whole garden. In fact I was having nightmares about an overgrown patch because when I asked Caitlyn where all the pumpkin seeds were, holding up an empty packet, she response by saying "I planted all of them mommy!" Well, our pumpkin patch did take over just a little but for a first time experiment I think they are doing great...except for the fact that three of them have already turned a beautiful orange and it is only late AUGUST!!!! There are still green ones and just today I saw newly sprouting ones that will probably be ready for Halloween, so I guess I shouldn't worry.

Here are my prize pumpkins! Don't they look great with my ALREADY fall table centerpiece. Can you tell I am just a tad excited for fall to arrive!
IMG_4679

HAPPY SOON TO BE FALL EVERYONE!

2 comments:

Christopher Maloy said...

Nice punkins.

Heidi Maloy said...

I started to pull out my fall stuff when I found it looking for the LUAU stuff, and Chris wouldn't let me ;) so September 1st, here we come with the fun fall deco!! Cute table centerpiece by the way!